Stay updated with our newsletter
- Warm-up a little water in a bucket up to 25 to 30 degrees Celsius first.
- After that, keep your backpack in hot water for approximately 20 minutes.
- Then hang the backpack in direct sunlight for drying.
Remember, do not use too much water and use or touch the warm water. This is because too much hot water can spoil the color of your backpack. Also, read the care instructions label on the backpack to know which temperature can absorb it.
Hang the Backpack in the Sunlight
Sometimes newly purchased backpacks spread a stinky smell after being kept in the cabinet for a long time. Basically, their scent is not permanent and will disappear over time. But if you think the backpack takes more time in losing its smell, simply hang it in the sunlight or open air. The open-air and direct sunlight will help get rid of the odors in your backpack.
Use Odor Removing Packs
Using odor removing packs is also an effective way to remove the smell from your backpack. The odor-eliminating packs look like powder-form or pieces like pebbles. Typically, this type of pack is made from natural ingredients like plants.
- Purchase odor removal packs in the form of sachets or packets from local stores.
- Next, make 2 to 3 packs of this powder.
- Keep these sachets in your backpack.
- Take these packs out of your backpack after one day.
Using Fragment Scant on Your Backpack
Removing bad smells will be easy with fragment scant. This is because you will get various types of fragment spray in the local cosmetic stores. Follow the below steps to know how you can use fragment scants on your backpack.
- After and before using your backpack, spray the scant inside the backpack.
- You can use this scant every week if your backpack is not continuously used.
Deodorize Your Backpack Using Coffee Beans
You can also remove the bad smell from your backpack with the help of coffee beans. Check out the procedure below to deodorize your backpack using coffee beans.
- First, collect coffee beans from local stores and make 2 or 3 pieces of each bean.
- Put pieces of coffee beans in your backpack for one day.
- After one day, remove them from your backpack. You can also keep these pieces of coffee beans in the backpack until they produce fragrance.
- This will help you to remove the bad smell from your backpack.
Use Lysol to Remove Bad Smell
Lysol is a good ingredient for eliminating different odors. Most of the time, Lysol is used for disinfection as it masks the bad smell as well as kills harmful microorganisms. This ingredient can be used inside or outside your backpack to remove the odors. It works efficiently with straps and also the back of the backpack. Remember, you will need to wait until it dries after using Lysol in your backpack. Once the remedy dries, you can use your backpack again.
How to Wash Your Backpack Using Homemade Cleaner
Washing your backpack using homemade cleaner will be a good way to eliminate bad smells. Below, we have demonstrated how you can make a homemade cleaner and clean your backpack to remove odors.
Clean the Outside of Your Backpack
You can easily eliminate any grime, dirt, or odors from the outside of a backpack through a homemade cleaner. To do this, follow the procedure below.
- First, make a mixture of warm water with white vinegar or dish soap in a spray bottle.
- After that, spray down on the outside of your backside and scrub with a clean cloth.
- You can also scrub any obstinate spots with stain remover.
- Then, clean the dirt or grime using a new cloth or paper towel and hang the backpack outside.
- You can also take the backpack away to a laundry room to dry.
Clean the Inside of Your Backpack
You have to be very careful when you clean the inside of a backpack. This is because too much scrubbing can stain or harm the fabric inside the backpack. That’s why, below, we have demonstrated how you can wash the inside of your backpack without damaging the fabric.
- Remove all kinds of supplies, papers, and gear from your backpack and shake out properly if any food or dirt sticks to the backpack.
- Spray the made mixture all over inside your backpack and clean with a fresh cloth. Don’t scrub with too much pressure.
- This will help damage odor molecules instead of covering them with scent.
- After cleaning properly, leave the backpack open in a dry place.
Keeping your backpack smell-free is an excellent way to keep you feeling fresh. Otherwise, a badl smelling backpack can easily make you irritated at any time. However, most people aren't familiar with the proper method to remove bad smells from a backpack. Still, now a large number of people abruptly wash their backpacks to remove odors.
As a result, the inside fabric of the backpack may be damaged and harm the color outside the backpack. That’s why, in this context, we have outlined different methods to eliminate odors from a backpack. Using any of the techniques covered above, you can easily make your backpack odor-free.